Friday, January 24, 2014

Where are we going to hang our stockings?

Where are we going to hang our Christmas stockings? On our fireplace mantle of course! Wait....we don't have a fireplace? Well we'll fix that! It started with a peep hole under the stairs to see how much room we had for extra storage.  Turns out there is a ton of wasted space under there! I could put food storage, Christmas decorations, naughty children under there...the possibilities are endless.  We were going to make a secret bookcase entrance like our last house but I needed somewhere to hang our stockings.  Lets look at some pictures.











taadaa! That is how you make an Arizona fireplace.  Complete with fake airbrushed brick and plug in logs. Just don't try to start a real fire in there...you will burn our house straight down.  Evie and Tyce liked to help and Dawson and Evie have declared the little step an official baby stage.  We love it so far, I can't wait 'til Christmas!!   

4 comments:

DesertDopps said...

So cool! Is there a secret passage way to a cave with a pirate ship in there?

DesertDopps said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Looks great! Now come and redo my mantle :)

Unknown said...

That is so awesome! I love how creative you guys are!