Sunday, August 16, 2009

Just your every day idaho living

This weekend we found our way to some wild huckelberries thanks to Cori's insider connections. We picked quite a few but we haven't decided what to do with them yet. We are thinking icecream or milkshakes. We hiked up a hill and found lots of bushes. We really had to crawl through the plants to find the good bushes. Due to our and our friends competitive nature of course it was a competition to see who could pick the most berries. We stepped in lots of cow poop and got really dirty. In the end I think Mark and Cori were the champion pickers. alst night we went to the county fair also. We saw all the animals, ate corn on a stick, and laughed at the carnies. It was a fun day.















4 comments:

Karissa Berndt said...

No mullet pictures of the carnies? Too bad :). Super cute pictures! And I would definitely recommend icecream AND milkshakes....maybe on seperate days though.

Mark and Beatrix Houghton said...

Yummy berries. Try Emeril's blueberry muffin recipe if you have any left.
You two have too much fun for every day living....

durk said...

"I'll be your Huckelberry"..that was Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday in the movie Tombstone. "I'll be your Huckelberry"...ok, that was me! You would have won if Devin wasn't eating every other one.
Dad

Bryce D. said...

Oh no! A small child has fallen into the wild cow exhibit! Wait, that's just Devin. =)